Project: Five Minute Wall Decor

We're having unseasonably warm weather here, but it's still wet and gray. In order to add a splash of color to one of our bare walls, I whipped up this little project based on an idea I saw a while back at Dollar Store Crafts. I kid you not, it took me less time to complete the project and hang the finished result than to write this entire blog post.




Materials:
  • Scrapbook Paper
  • Gift Boxes
  • Double-stick tape 
  • Scissors
Time: ~5 minutes

Assemble gift boxes. No need to tape them closed or anything, they should do just fine on their own.




Choose a sheet of 12x12" scrapbook paper. Lay it face down and place the gift box on top of it. With a pen or pencil, trace the outline of the box on the back of the scrapbook paper.




Cut box shape out of scrapbook paper and attach to the box. I used reusable double-stick tape, so that if I ever get bored with them it will be easy to reuse the boxes for wrapping and the paper for another project.

And then you're done! These are very lightweight, so I just used a little more of my double-stick tape to attach them to the wall. If you want to get really fancy, you can attach ribbon around the outside edge of the box, but I thought the white looked pretty good with my pattern so I'm leaving it for now.




To further embellish these, you could attach a die-cut or lightweight wood monogram letter, a photo, or a ribbon bow.. anything that takes your fancy and matches your vision.

I linked up to Today's Creative Blog. If that's what brought you here, leave a comment and say hi!

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea. I've been wanting to try it myself!

    Please feel free to add these to Talented Tuesdays at My Frugal Family!

    http://theherberfamily.blogspot.com/2010/01/talented-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great! I should do something like this with all the fabric remnants lying around that are too awkwardly shaped to do anything with. You got me thinking!

    That's really interesting about eggs... I know literally nothing about cooking eggs besides making those non-omelettes (me making scrambled eggs is always a little sad).

    I'm glad to here that the bread flour worked well... If you use a higher proportion of egg when you use white flour to make pasta, you don't wind up with that flour-and-water taste that you were worried about. I can see where that would come from when I make my one-egg pasta, but it seems that once it's dressed in sauce, it's not even noticeable, only when I taste it bare to see if it's ready.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...