Pie in a Jar!

I really like making pie, but we don't eat a lot of sweets, and with just the two of us one pie is really too much. The answer? A single-serving pie made in a jelly jar! These can be made in a large batch, frozen, and pulled out to cook one or two at a time when you're ready to eat some.



We also really like pot pie, which can also be made as single servings in a jar and frozen until you're ready to cook them. I don't have a problem with frozen, pre-made food--as long as we're making it ourselves.

Check out the Our Best Bites blog for directions, a ton of great photos, recipe variations, and more.

Happy Monday, everyone. Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. I share your love for pot pies. I like any one-pot, one-dish kind of meals. Anyway, to answer your question, the pillow on my bed is a piece I hand painted myself to look like an antique grain sack. I will be selling them in my Etsy store soon. Let me know if you're interested and I could make one custom for you. Until then, you can see a tutorial here - http://missmustardseed.blogspot.com/2010/01/antique-german-grain-sack-tutorial.html.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pie in a jar? What could be better. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...