Wearing the Uniform

Pretty much the only gift I specifically requested for Christmas this year was an apron.

Many years of life experience have taught me that sometimes it's a lot easier to do a job when you're wearing the right uniform. For me, those jobs are cleaning and cooking, and the uniform is an apron. I love aprons--partly because I tend to get things all over myself when I cook and clean and prefer to keep my clothes clean, but partly just because they are a uniform that add psychological ease to a job I don't always want to do.





There's something about taking that apron down off its peg and tying it on that makes my mind say okay, it's time to get down to business. After a nine-hour workday, I usually need that extra little push to do anything other than open up the laptop, get a drink, and spend the rest of the evening on the couch.

So imagine my glee when today I found out that TipNut has compiled a list of fifty-two free (free!) apron patterns. That's a different apron for every week of the year!

Not that anybody needs that many. I've only got the one, and it's perfectly serviceable. Still, it would be nice to have a couple extras, for when that one is in the wash.

If you have trouble getting motivated to do the housework-y chore that you like least, whether it's mopping floors, doing dishes, vacuuming, doing laundry, or cooking dinner, why not try putting on an apron first? If you're really unmotivated, consider putting on a whole new outfit. Occasionally I even  change out of my jeans and put on a dress or skirt to clean. I don't know what it is, but wearing a dress brings a whole new feeling to picking up a broom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...