Product Review: Yogi Tea Cold Season

This morning, when the alarm went off and Mr. Scrimp shook me awake, there was only one thought in my head:

Blllllllleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh.

That is what I groaned into my pillow as I shoved my face in it and tried to hike the covers up over my head even as Mr. Scrimp insisted that I had to get up and start getting ready for the day. I whimpered. I pouted. I whined. I coughed pathetic little coughs. When the lights went on, I clutched my poor aching head and winced in pain like a hungover vampire.

I has the sick.

There is some illness that has been making the rounds amongst our friends. Mr. Scrimp was the most recent one to have it, and so it was only a matter of time before I, too, fell prey to it. I feel miserable. I'm still dragging myself to work, but I admit that I am doing it with bad grace, because my head hurts.

I started feeling sick yesterday morning, and so I made myself a cup of the tea that I'd bought for Mr. Scrimp when he got sick--Cold Season, by Yogi Tea.

First of all, this stuff is delicious. Delicious. It has a great blend of herbs and spices in it, including just enough black pepper to warm it up and give it a little kick without actually being spicy.

Second, it actually works. I am a big believer in medicinal herbs and this tea combines all the ones I otherwise would have had to take separately into one delicious beverage. I found it, mixed with a little honey, to be very soothing on the throat, and very relaxing to drink.

I recommend this stuff without caveat. It's excellent. I will warn you, though, that the Cold Season formula has valerian root in it, which is an herbal sedative. Some people are fine drinking that throughout the day, but some aren't. I drank some with my lunch yesterday and it knocked me right out. I fell asleep at work, in spite of my best efforts to stay awake.

That can also work to your benefit, though. Mr. Scrimp and I each drank some right before bed last night and both fell asleep almost as soon as our heads hit our pillows. No being kept awake by coughing, no lying awake feeling uncomfortable. Just warm, delicious sleep.

Drink some. I promise, it'll be great.. until the alarm goes off and you have to get out of your nice warm bed again.

Note: This is an unsolicited and unsponsored review, reflecting my opinion and experience only. I was not compensated in any way for providing it.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, plz. Dan has been dealing with a very slow moving respiratory thing, and has passed it on to me. This looks like it might do the trick...

    Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been drinking it all day. I reused one teabag four or five times and it kept making adequately strong cups of tea, and as long as I drank it once an hour or so it held the sore throat and coughing at bay all day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this tea but I can't drink it because it makes me drowsy!! Why put valerian in it? You need to be revitalised when you have a cold - which is what all the other ingredients do, so why then spoil it by adding valerian. It doesn't make sense to me. A good drink for night time maybe but I want to increase my alertness in the day time, specially when I have a nasty cold. I am quite annoyed by this actually and feel I have wasted my money on something I can't use. I wanted it as I feel like I might be starting something and with the holiday season meaning I have heaps to do, it's not the answer to just knock me out for the count! I feel it was helping too but I had to go to bed early as I couldn't keep my eyes open. I want to take more but I need to go shopping. It is a silly thing to have put in there.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...